NSWPL Wrap | Sutherland go top

Sutherland Sharks are the new leaders on the League ladder with a resounding win against the Central Coast Mariners Academy.

Sutherland Sharks are the new leaders on the League ladder with a resounding win against the Central Coast Mariners Academy, the side making the most of Bonnyrigg-s home draw against Manly United FC to grab sole hold of top-spot.

The poor weather conditions made life difficult for all sides this weekend, with two matches called off - to be rescheduled shortly.

Central Coast Mariners Academy 1 Sutherland Sharks 6 Sutherland Sharks scored a massive 6-1 win at Pluim Park against the Central Coast Mariners Academy on Saturday night, not only further confirming its fine run of form, and results, but also leapfrogging Bonnyrigg White Eagles into first spot on the ladder after Bonnyrigg was held to a draw at home by Manly United FC.

Robbie Stanton-s men were ruthless from the outset as Nicholas Olsen opened proceedings midway through the first-half with a fine finish following some neat play by Jamie McMaster.

The Sharks doubled their lead three minutes later with Nathan Elasi tucking the ball away from close range before the break, though the task at hand for the Mariners was made all the more difficult as Daniel Bragg was shown a red card for a mistimed challenge.

After the interval, Olsen made it 3-0 as he latched onto a cross from the left before finishing with aplomb. The Mariners re-opened the contest moments later as Jed Prater was lurking in the front third to bury a Chris Payne cross.

The Sharks added three goals late-on, almost in identical fashion with the easiest of tap-ins required, as Olsen completed his hat-trick - another tremendous showing by the young talent - before Panni Nikas and Jamie McMaster too, deservedly, added their names to the score sheet.

Bonnyrigg White Eagles 2 Manly United FC 2 In the shock of the round, Bonnyrigg White Eagles twice coughed up a lead at home against Manly United FC to see the Northern Beaches side snatch a point and give the Sharks the opportunity to take over at the top of the table.

A dominant showing by Bonnyrigg had the home side ahead on 31- minutes when Aaron Peterson got in behind the Manly United defence and head the ball over the stranded Dylan Mitchell before steering the ball into the back of the net.

Manly drew level before the break as Sean Seavill capitalised on a rare Vuko Tomasevic error - the match played in very wet and slippery conditions - drilling the ball past Matthew Nash to send the sides in level at the break.

Following the re-start, Adrian Ucchino scored a tremendous goal to restore the White Eagles- lead. Ucchino, with poise and finesse curled a spectacular effort into the top corner, much to the delight of those supporters that braved the cold and wet conditions.

With Bonnyrigg clearly dominating proceedings it came as a huge shock when Manly United drew level for the second time on the night to snatch a point from the encounter.

A scrambled inside the Bonnyrigg White Eagles penalty-area saw some confusion come about as the defenders looked to clear the ball, meanwhile Manly could not quite get a shot away. Colin Iley, with all his nerve and good eye for goal, delivered the killer blow, tucking his shot away into the back of the net for a share of the spoils.

South Coast Wolves 4 Marconi Stallions 1 South Coast Wolves finally gave its home supporters something to cheer about with a fine performance against the reigning champions at home, capped off with the three-points, in the 4-1 win at Hooka Park.

The win was the Wolves second of the season with Ricky Zucco kick-starting proceedings in the 23- minute when he unleashed a left-foot pile-driver for the opening goal.

Peter Simonoski made it 2-0 shortly after with a powerful shot that crept into the back of the net despite goalkeeper James Chronopoulos getting a touch to the ball.

After the interval, Mitchell Del Turco made it 3-0 when he anticipated Chronopoulos to head over the advancing goalkeeper.

Marconi did pull a goal back in the 50- minute from the spot via Tadgh Purcell to re-open proceedings, though it was the closest Marconi would come as Zucco grabbed his second of the evening from the penalty-spot to seal the three-points for the Wolves.

Blacktown City FC 2 APIA-Leichhardt Tigers 1 Blacktown City FC further strengthened its hold on third spot with a hard fought win in difficult conditions at home on Sunday.

Harris Gaitatzis opened proceedings for the home side with a well taken strike from 25-yards on 13- minutes.

The difficult conditions made life complicated for both sets of players as both sets of players created openings at each end of the field.

Sean Symons drew the Tigers level on 21- minutes following a goalmouth scramble, with the Tigers showing no effect of any fatigue following the midweek Cup win against Bonnyrigg White Eagles.

Blacktown City FC netted a late winner to seal the points. Travis Major cleverly played an assist into the path of Sean Rooney who made no mistake in picking his spot and converting past goalkeeper Andrew Bazi.