Mary Fowler has been included in the shortlist of candidates for the European Golden Girl Award, making it back-to-back nominations for the award.
The Golden Girl Award is a recognition of the best young talent in Europe during a calendar year, Germany's Jule Brand won the inaugural award in 2022 and thus is not eligible for a nomination this year.
Fowler's inclusion on the shortlist of candidates for the award comes off the back of breakout FIFA Women's World Cup on home soil, where she made her debut and scored her first goal at a FIFA Women's World Cup. The Manchester City forward adds this to a list of nominations she has received, including a first-ever nomination for the Best FIFA Women’s Player award.
The Australian is nominated alongside nine other emerging talents, with the list of shortlisted candidates as follows:
- Mary Fowler (Manchester City, Australia)
- Vicky Becho (Lyon, France)
- Laurina Fazer (PSG, France)
- Salma Paralluelo (Barcelona, Spain)
- Vicky Lopez (Barcelona, Spain)
- Giulia Dragoni (Barcelona, Italy)
- Chiara Beccari (Barcelona, Italy)
- Esmee Brugts (Barcelona, Netherlands)
- Linda Caicedo (Real Madrid, Colombia)
- Kathrine Kuhl (Arsenal, Denmark)