NSW NPL wrap | Olympic stun Eagles

Sydney Olympic caused the shock of the round with an emphatic win over Bonnyrigg White Eagles, allowing Sutherland Sharks to join the White Eagles at the top of the ladder.

Sydney Olympic caused the shock of the round with an emphatic win over Bonnyrigg White Eagles on Sunday, allowing Sutherland Sharks to join the White Eagles at the top of the league ladder after it scored a late, dramatic, win against Manly United FC.

Sydney Olympic 3 Bonnyrigg White Eagles 0 Despite coming off a difficult week for Sydney Olympic, following the unexpected departures of coach Peter Tsekenis, his assistant Peter Papoythis and a number of senior players, the Blues staged one of the upsets of the season, handing league leader Bonnyrigg White Eagles a heavy 3-0 defeat on Sunday.

Chris Godoy Bascur-s pin-point through ball sent Luke Grima one-on-one with Matt Nash on 29 minutes, the striker making no mistake in opening the scoring.

Immediately following the half-time interval, the Blues added a quick-fire double - in the space of three minutes to be more precise - to kill off any White Eagles- hopes of a comeback.

Zac Elrich was up first, the youngster collected a fine through ball before rounding the goalkeeper and slotting home into an empty net, before Amaury Gauthier - fresh from his fabulous strike against the Socceroos in mid-week - netted via a set-piece.

Despite some look-ins for Robbie Younis & Co. it was the Blues who looked most likely to add to their tally; the side administered proceedings perfectly well to increase confidence heading into the second part of the season.

Rockdale City Suns 3 Central Coast Mariners Academy 0 Rockdale City Suns have stormed into the top-five with a very important 3-0 win over Central Coast Mariners Academy at home on Sunday. Far from the Suns best showing of the season, Branko Culina-s men dug deep to grind a result that sets the side as a serious contender this season.

Alec Urosevski opened the scoring in only the fourth minute as he drove home Takuya Murayama-s centre from the right.

Matthew Crowell had the chance of drawing the Mariners level from the penalty-spot, though under immense pressure from the jeers arriving from the grandstands, the chance went begging.

Urosevski and Richard Cardozo combined late-on with the latter controlling the ball on his chest neatly before driving home to make it 2-0.

Somewhat unfairly, the Mariners conceded another goal in injury-time. Brendan Gan, who saw his first shot on goal blocked, followed up to drive home the rebound and secure the Suns the 3-0 win.

Marconi Stallions 3 Sydney United 58 FC 0 Despite facing a lot of pressure from Sydney United 58 FC over the opening thirty minutes, Marconi Stallions recorded a very important 3-0 win to get their campaign back on track.

The Stallions opened the scoring in the on the half-hour marke with a fine finish from close-range, cutting short the positive start by the visitors.

Milorad Simonovic doubled his side-s lead five minutes later with a long distance shot that found the bottom corner, leaving Liam Reddy helpless in the Reds- goal.

Tadhg Purcell put the result beyond doubt, somewhat fortuitously when a deflection came back off his body before the ball found the back of the net.

Blacktown Spartans 3 Blacktown City FC 3 The first Blacktown derby for season 2013 produced a sensational showing with six goals scored in an enthralling 90 minutes.

Just as Blacktown City looked to be in cruise control midway through the first-half, the side taking the lead courtesy of Ryuji Miyazawa slotting home at the back post, the Spartans played a near perfect final 10 minutes to go in 3-1 ahead at the break.

Luke Austin-s sensational free-kick left Brody Crane helpless to draw the home side level, before Jun Kato hit the Spartans into the lead with a fabulous shot on the turn on 41 minutes.

Youngster Corey Biczo, enjoying a fabulous season thus far, scored a fine solo goal from the left, beating his markers before drilling a diagonal effort past Crane.

Sean Rooney got City back in it at 2-3 with a powerful left-foot shot, before the striker netted the equaliser in the 86th minute with a tremendous glancing effort at the near post following some good build up play down the right.

In the end, the visitors could have perhaps snatched it with two massive chances - one to Rooney, the other to Harris Gaitatzis, though it wasn-t to be on a night that produced a great spectacle between two sides that are forming a great rivalry in the competition.

South Coast Wolves 4 APIA-Leichhardt Tigers 4 Both the Wolves and Tigers have not enjoyed a positive 2013 campaign to-date, and this clash provided a big chance for both sides to get a win, and consequently their respective seasons on track.

A frenetic start by the home side saw the Wolves up 2-0 inside the first 11 minutes with a superb free-kick by Ricky Zucco the opener.

Mitchell Del Turco followed up with a fine headed goal, rising highest to meet John Martinoski-s centre, before the Tigers set about re-opening the contest.

Jason Oswell combined with Nikola Taneski to beat his marker and reduce the deficit to one, and it wasn-t long before Taneski converted a penalty to draw the sides level halfway through the first half.

The scores remained level for only two minutes as Martinoski scored a fabulous effort from 25-yards that left goalkeeper Simon Jaeger helpless.

Following the break, Oswell netted his second for the night for the visitors, though once more the Wolves would move a goal ahead as Del Turco played an audacious lob over Jaeger to net, though the midfielder was taken from the field after a heavy challenge in the process with the goalkeeper.

Experienced campaigner Franco Parisi would have the final say on the match, scoring a fine volleyed attempt into an open goal after Daniel Collison-s initial punched clearance failed to carry much weight.

The final result does little for both sides on the ladder, with a massive turnaround required if either side is to figure amongst the top-five come the season-s end.

Manly United FC 1 Sutherland Sharks 2 Panni Nikas stole the headlines with a magnificent brace to secure his side maximum points from the difficult trip to the Northern Beaches against Manly United FC.

Nikas capitalised on a poor pass by Manly-s Danny Grant just before the break to drive home for the opening goal.

The Sharks looked the goods throughout the encounter though were made to work very hard in the final stages of the match to secure the win.

Joshua Lawson headed home a corner from Matt Simm on 82- minutes, making for an interesting finale as the Sharks threw everything at Craig Midgley-s men.

Nikas, on 90 minutes, was given the space he needed to weave his way past his markers before slotting home, after his initial attempt had been blocked, to secure the win, and a share of top-spot following Bonnyrigg-s surprise loss.

Image: Football NSW