Adelaide release statement after Kurz news conference
Adelaide United chairman Piet van der Pol has moved to address speculation surrounding Marco Kurz following the head coach's news conference on Thursday.
Kurz fronted the media in the lead-up to the club's crunch clash at home to Perth Glory in Round 22 and fielded questions regarding the state of talks in relation to his contract.
The German said he was anxious to speak to Van der Pol after last making contact approximately a month ago.
A subsequent statement from the club clarified that, prior to travelling overseas on personal and business leave, Van der Pol had advised Kurz that discussions regarding his future as head coach would take place upon the former's return to South Australia.
"I returned home to Adelaide earlier this week and have indicated to Marco that I will be sitting with him following our game against Perth Glory tomorrow evening," Van der Pol said in the statement.
"Prior to my departure, Marco and I did agree with one another that we would meet once I came back and I am looking forward to this.
"I am very proud of what we are achieving at Adelaide United; the winning of the FFA Cup and the strengthening of relationships with key stakeholders have been particular highlights.
"Most recently, today's announcement of the re-signing of Michael Marrone is another positive for us all.
"I am excited to return to Coopers Stadium tomorrow night for what is a very important game for our boys."